It's time for another Wordless Wednesday and the pics I have chosen for this week were taken Saturday 6/26 just after thunderstorms came through. These are some pictures of The Falls Park, our cities namesake; Sioux Falls
Rules for 5 Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Answer them, then go back and link up! If you don't have a blog, but would like to play along, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this post, or any post along the way!
Questions for Friday, June 25
1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument? No but I attempted to start the violin, trumpet and even the organ when I was a kid. I just never stuck with any of them! lol
2. What is your pet peeve while driving? I have a lot of them but my biggest is people who do not use the turning lane!!! ARGH!!!
3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services? A housekeeper for sure! I could do my own spa at home if I had the housekeeper! hahaha
4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance? There are a lot of songs that do that for me, but I can't name them, I'm terrible with remembering names and performers of songs!
5. What song best represents your life right now? And back to the answer for #4, most likely yes but can't think of the title! lol
Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back to link up! I would be thrilled if you'd link back to me, Mama M., in your post!
If you don't have a blog, but think the questions are pretty fun and want to join in, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this blog or any blog along the blog hop path!
Questions for Friday, June 18th:
1. What is your favorite thing about summertime?
The late nights, where the sun is still up past 9pm, those kind of late nights. Where you can sit in your yard chair and relax in the yard as the kids play. Love the 4th of July also, LOVE fireworks & BBQ's!
2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?
Someplace warm! lol I don't know honestly I've never really thought about it.
3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?
Yes, I've lived here since I was 5
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?
You're supposed to kick them to the curb?! lol I'm a naturally nervous (& shy) person so I still tend to have some of those habits, though I've recently stopped chewing my nails...not just trying my best to get them to grow and keep them nice.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?
Oh, OH! I've got it! I was all of about 16 and working my first job at a local Phar-Mor in the video department, it was I think a Saturday night and I'd let my boyfriend use my car while I was at work. Well apparently my father was waiting for him in the parking lot or something...but as I'm waiting on customers I see my dad stomping up to the counter, and he proceeds to chew my ass about it as all these customers are standing there waiting to check out! I was so embarrassed and about started to cry! Needless to say my boyfriend didn't borrow my car after that! lol
Here is something new! A friend of mine over at Lawteedah decided to start a weekly blog challenge. I'm excited to participate and can't wait to see what's in store! If you'd like to join in the fun be sure to head over to Lawteedah and link up!
This weeks blogging challenge is going to be about your favorite quote. Make a post about with that quote at the top and then post why it's your favorite. Then go here to link up!
One of my favorite quotes has always been "Patience is a Virtue" I've had to learn to live by this in my life and find that it is indeed very true, at least for us it is. Nothing comes to us easily in life, something is always going wrong or coming up, so having patience for the good things in life is what helps me get through those really rough patches.
Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog. Answer them, then c'mon back to link up! I would love it if you'd link back to me, Mama M., but that's not a requirement!
If you don't have a blog, but still would like to play along, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this post or any blog along the blog hop way!
Oh, and the biggest rule? Have fun!! ;)
Questions for Friday, June 4th:
1. If you could go back to college would you change your major? Or, if you were to go to college right now...what major would you choose?
If I could do it over again I'd be sure to actually go to college right out of high school. That is one of my biggest regrets. I eventually went back and got an Assoc. Degree in Chemical Dependency Counseling, but I really wish that I would have done it much sooner and in a much smarter way. I started and stopped too many times and maxed out my financial aide! Oops! lol
I do think I would still go for a counseling psychology degree with a minor in photography/art
2. What do you love most about your home?
We have a lovely 3 season porch that is lovely to be able to sit on whenever we want, almost no matter the weather, with the exception of those blistery cold winter days of course! Only thing I'd love even better is if it weren't off of one of the bedrooms b/c it takes a full wall away from that room making it difficult to use, but the boys still use it!
3. What types of books do you like to read (if you like to read at all)?
I love to read books about vampires and the supernatural. I've read Sookie Stackhouse, Twilight, and Anita Blake. I also enjoy drama reads.
4. What is the grossest thing you've ever eaten?
Oh wow, lets see...I'm a pretty picky eater and don't tend to put anything in my mouth that I don't know what it is! lol I can't even think of anything right now!
5. If you HAD to be a character on a TV show, whom would you be?
The first that comes to mind is Roseanne lol I love the show and have always wished I had more of a sharp tongue, I'm a bit on the shy side.